Saturday, May 23, 2009

B.U.Z.Z. Off!



Well, even though I have an O-fer going so far this year in homebrew competitions, I'm going to get back up on that horse, or in this case a buzzard, and try again. The Boneyard Union of Zymurgical Zealots (B.U.Z.Z.) is holding their annual homebrew competition on June 6.
B.U.Z.Z. is the homebrew club of the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana, my alma mater, so I think it's my duty as a faithful alumna to enter (and win) their competition. If I can get everything together, I plan on entering multiple categories:

Pilsner--Your Mother's Mustache--Classic American Pilsner
Belgian--It doesn't have a name yet Belgian Porter--Belgian Specialty
IPA--Alpha King Clone, Omega King?--American India Pale Ale
Belgian Stong Ale--Tripel Your Pleasure--Belgian Tripel
Spice/Herb/Vegetable--You Sank My Coconut!--Toasted Coconut Porter
Specialty--Toasted Oatmeal Black Lager--Specialty
So far only the Pilsner and the Belgian are bottled, but everything else should be ready to go, it's just a matter of me bottling it. Have I mentioned I hate bottling? Anyway, look for Señor Brew's alter ego in the winners list for the B.U.Z.Z. Brewoff 2009.





No comments:

Post a Comment