Sunday, November 28, 2010

Now We're Cooking With Gas!

I have natural gas piped out to the balcony at Noble Square Brewing's new location.  I thought I would take advantage of the fact and get a natural gas burner to brew on.  No more dealing with the hassles of propane tanks--swapping it out from the grill, running out in the middle of a boil, making trips to get it filled.  (I no longer have backup tanks since the move--professional movers will not move tanks, even if they're completely empty.)

Above is a photo of the wok burner I ordered awhile back.  It has 32 tips and supposedly generates 160,000 BTUs/Hr in heat--that's Megan Fox hot!  Now I just have to find the time to hook it up, and figure how I'm going to mount it on a stand. 

Here's a couple closeups of the tips:


5 comments:

  1. I can't wait till you fire up the first boil. Let us know how long it takes to roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if I read about any new forest fires out in California, I know who my primary suspect will be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That thing does look awesome. You didn't say where you were able to procure it from, though. I too would LOVE to go NG and ditch the tanks, plus that would be a 2x upgrade over my 80k BTU burner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought it online at CPAPC restaurant supply:

    http://www.cpapc.com/store/32-Tip-Round-Nozzle-Jet-Burner-P470C0.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!



    wok cook

    ReplyDelete